Saturday, September 08, 2012

Feelin Frilly...

...well... more "flourish-y" (if that's a word - and I doubt it is, lol), but I just had a hankerin' to go all flourishes & pearls on this one. 

I used the exact same stamp as with this card... and even some of the same paper; guess I should clean up my craft desk a little more often.  8)


I love this Verve stamp of a Winnie the Pooh quote because it reminds me of my two little sweet nieces... not that they are things... but you know what I mean.

I took a side pic of all the layers... what the heck did we do before foam tape?!! 


I sponged the edges of the paper (with Memento Grey Flannel) after distressing and then rolled up the 4 corners.  I once again used the Vintage Labels 10 stamps from Waltzing Mouse as two of my layers.  Love love love adding subtle colour with these stamps!!

Feeling a bit out of touch at the moment - I'm missing my e-mail at home which is still down and now my phone is out.  It's funny how much we rely on these things.  Thank goodness for blogs & facebook!  LOL

Thanks for stopping by again today and I do love hearing what you think of my cards - especially today since I'm certainly not hearing from anyone else!  haha

Stamps:

Verve - Smallest Things
Waltzingmouse Stamps - Vintage Labels 10

Paper:
Bella's Bestest paper, SU's Whisper White & Basic Grey, Basic Grey "Basics", Pebbles "Country Picnic"

Dies:
SB - labels 10 & floral flourishes

Ink: SU Mauve Mist, Memento Tuxedo Black & Grey Flannel

Extras:
adhesive pearls, sewing, SU basic grey ribbon

Bye for now! Carla.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

Another beauty Carla!! Your dies kill me - no pun intended :)....they are gorgeous!!

Gabriela said...

Wow! What an intricately woven flourish. You certainly have a knack for breathing elegance into your cards. I gotta admit though, that I adore the torn edges. Sorry to hear you're incommunicado.

Pauline said...

Oh gorgeous Carla! Another beauty.
Love all your dies and flourishes on this, you sure know how to use them.
And great job on using some of your scraps - I need to do that! :)

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

What has happened to your home communication channels? I hope there has been no big storm?? I hope you are OK. Glad you can still craft. This card is really lovely with all the layers and details. That quite is a good one isn't it. Take care!

Crafty Lark said...

Totally scrumptious. xx Flora