Wednesday, February 09, 2011

With Sympathy

We've all had occasion of needing to make a sympathy card... it's not easy, is it? I think from now on, I'm going ot make a point of having some on hand, because I find the whole process kind of daunting... especially when I know the friend who has suffered the loss.

I mean, you just want it to be right, but the image, colours & glitter hardly matter in the end. It's just that you thought of them I guess.

I dug out one of my old favs from SU - this beautiful stipple rose and I coloured it up with my copics. I coloured extra roses and added them with foam tape and added a little glitter for a bit of a frosted look.

On the inside is a sentiment from Verve. You can always rely on Verve for just the right thing to say... in a beautiful font. How can a stamper ask for anything more??????? =)

4 comments:

Gabriela said...

Carla - Carla - Carla, you're absolutely right when you say that what matters most in these situations is that you thought of the individual. By the way, I adore the added dimension created with those pieced and popped-up roses. Just fabulous!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Hey girl, this might not be one of our favorite occasions to make a card for, but goodness, did you create a BEAUTY!! I absolutely love everything about it. The dimension is amazing and your coloring...fabulous! Hugs, Sabrina

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

I think if it was me, I would remember your card, Carla. It's very beautiful and you have chosen a wonderful sentiment....

Silli said...

OMG, what a pretty card...so elegant and beautiful!