Friday, May 28, 2010

Father's Day

What an awesome Friday! Last day of my holidays and my big list of "to-do's" is done... okay mostly done... but there are a lot of check marks on things I've not been able to get to (aka procrastination at it's finest).

The card I'm sharing today was not a Have To Do from my list, but a Want To Do. My friend Donna has her Dad in the hospital in Newfoundland recovering from a stroke for quite some time. She's been to visit and has tried to manage things as best she can from here in Ontario. With Father's Day approaching I thought this little Mo Manning fishing image might be just the ticket for a card for her to send. The inside says (or at least it will when I'm finished... see what I mean???)... "Happy Father's Day".


Stamps: Mo Manning, Stampin Up!, Flourishes Paper: Gina K Pure Luxury White cardstock, Jillibean Soup, Basic Grey Capella, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip, Accessories: Sheer ribbon, button, string Tools: Copic Markers, Spellbinder Circle & Rectangle & Labels 10, sewing machine, Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

5 comments:

Tammi said...

A wonderful card for her dad Carla, great image! Have a nice weekend. ~hugs

Gabriela said...

You're on a stamping roll, aren't you! Lucky for us Readers too! Donna is lucky to have you for a friend. She's going to love this card.

Silli said...

Oh Carla, your card is beautiful, love the colors and your coloring...HUGS and happy weekend...

Kalli said...

this is a wonderful card....the stamp is beautiful..and your coloration is grandios...

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

Glad to hear you have been enjoying a break! Your card is so touching. I love Father's Day cards but don't get to make any anymore since Col and I have lost our Dads and Grandads. It's lovely to see a nice one, always. And yours is. A nice one. :)