Friday, January 22, 2010

65th Birthday

Had fun with this one. It was the pretty-not-so-pink pinkpaisley paper that got me inspired and ready to go. From there it was just some stampin, sewin & spellbindin! I really like how this one turned out and I don't say that often (we're so critical of our own work, eh?)

I also did the inside, which I'm just starting to try doing lately. It's not fancy, but it did give it more of a finished look for me. Great way to use up those scraps of DP as well.

What an awesome beautiful sunny Friday it is here in Kingston!! Have a great weekend everyone.


Stamps: Papertry Ink, Inkadinkado, Verve Paper: Gina K Pure Luxury White cardstock, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Bazzel, Pink Paislee (autumn blossom) Accessories: adhesitve pearls, ivory silk ribbon, foam adhesive numbers Tools: sewing machine, Spellbinder dies & embossing folder Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black

4 comments:

Sabrina Jackson said...

OMGosh, Carla, look out girl.....this is BREATHTAKING!!!WOW, you really have a way with those Spellbinders!!! Oh, I love this card!!!! Hugs, Sabrina

Susan Hurley-Luke said...

I agree - this is a very special card!! Love the way you did the inside too. You have such an eye for what will look wonderful together - your layering always blows me away :)

Good to hear you have lovely weather over there. I am watching the weather channel with concern - there's a cyclone in the North where my Mom, Sis and Daughter all are. It isn't too strong yet and I'm praying it will just stay as a rain depression. They are used to floods without the destructive winds.

Off to organise a scrappy morning with a gf!! Enjoy your day too :)

LorettaL said...

Carla, this card is an elegant beauty!!!

Michele Boyer said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Carla! And I LOVE the inside! I never think to use shapes like that there. I'll have to try that. :)